Why The Living Urn is Your Best Option
Growing a memory tree from an urn holding a family member’s cremated remains is an uplifting option that allows families to honor a loved one and give back. For these reasons, The Living Urn® has become a very popular choice for families all over the U.S. and abroad. The Living Urn® bio urn and planting system has quickly become the leader in this field with tens of thousands of trees planted, hundreds of funeral home partners all over the country, and excellent customer reviews and touching testimonials.
Here are 6 reasons why families and top funeral homes choose The Living Urn®:
1. The Living Urn® is Simple, Easy to Use, and Most Importantly - It Works!
The patented Living Urn® comes with an actual living tree, NOT a seed. In fact, it's the only bio urn in the world designed to be used with living trees! Planting a living young tree makes it easy for non-expert growers to successfully grow a healthy, enduring tree. The reason we use living trees instead of seeds is because it can be difficult for non-expert growers to have success growing a tree from a seed – seed germination failure rates can be high and even reaching the healthy seedling phase can be a challenge.
The patented Living Urn® is the only urn in the world designed to be planted with living trees. The Living Urn® provides you with approximately 20 tree options, chosen specifically for you based on your zip code. We send you the living seedling right to your doorstep, making it easy for people who aren’t expert arborists to successfully grow healthy and enduring memory trees.
There are important reasons why The Living Urn® is designed to be used only with living trees, not seeds. Growing a healthy, enduring tree from a seed can be a challenge, as seed germination can take a long time, failure rates can be high and sometimes special steps are needed to be taken to even induce germination (including seasonal considerations) which limits the tree types that can be offered. Simply put, there are good reasons why nurseries focus on selling trees and not seeds.
Our unique BioUrn® provides needed depth for roots and the special materials used in its construction allow roots to grow freely and unimpeded. This allows trees to get established and is critical for the long-term health of the tree. In addition, our additives and instructions are all important, making it as easy as possible for families to have success growing a beautiful and enduring memory tree that honors their loved one.
2. Elegant, Dignified & Eco-Friendly
The Living Urn® is also unique as it is packaged in a beautiful and elegant handmade bamboo shell. The bamboo shell serves to hold the urn and cremated remains while you wait for the young tree to arrive from our nursery. You can also use the natural bamboo shell as a keepsake holder after The Living Urn® is planted. Not only is this lovely and dignified, it’s eco-friendly as bamboo is a sustainable resource!
3. Advantageous Product Design
The patented Living Urn® is uniquely designed with input from professional arborists, soil scientists, and material engineers to offer families and funeral homes the best quality product and system.
- Versatility – Designed to hold as much or as little of the cremated remains that you want – it’s up to you. It’s large enough to hold all the ashes and provide enough room for the additives and tree roots, but families can also plant a small portion of the remains, if preferred. This is the case when families split up the remains, or want to keep some or have other uses.
- Depth – The Living Urn® is designed for actual living trees, not seeds. This design is important as it provides room for roots.
- Material – Our BioUrn® is 100% natural and biodegradable - made from plant-derived materials using only water, heat and pressure, and completely free from glues or toxic binding agents. This special material is strong and rigid above ground, allowing families to store cremated remains for weeks or even years if desired, and only biodegrades once it is planted and exposed to soil and moisture. Furthermore, the material allows roots to grow freely and unimpeded so your tree can thrive!
4. All-In-One System - The Complete Package!
The Living Urn® spent years developing a proprietary all-in-one system, providing everything you need to grow a beautiful and enduring memory tree. Our special BioUrn® is housed in a sleek bamboo shell, which has become popular in ceremonies. We also ship a living tree of choice on-demand that is well suited for your specific geographic location. In addition, you receive premium wood chips and RootProtect®, our proprietary natural soil additive to make the growing environment containing cremated remains suitable for tree growth so your special tree can grow and thrive!
5. Giving Back
In addition to the tree you plant with your Living Urn®, we'll donate to plant a 2nd tree in honor of your loved in one of America's forests in need of reforestation – doubling the impact! A single tree produces approximately 260 pounds of oxygen per year, however, two mature trees can supply enough oxygen annually to support a family of four. Current reforestation projects are in the Tahoe National Forest and Chippewa National Forest – learn more.
6. We're a U.S. Based Company
We're based in Colorado and our Denver-based team is available to take your call and answer any questions you may have! Feel free to reach out anytime at (800) 495-7022 - we'd love to hear from you!